Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Timer

 I say often that I  just "pretend" to be crafty... And it's true. I really do just pretend.  Within the last few months i started doing more crafts. I have always liked crafting but it's growing into a love of mine. This week I made a skirt for the very first time! I figured since I was going to make a skirt I would try one that looked a bit harder. So I looked up a million tutorials and I found this one.  There are two things I love on clothing one of them is buttons and the other is pockets! Thats the reason I fell in love with this one, the pockets.


    I love this skirt!  It is so comfortable and the best part was it was really easy to make.  Let me just say that the hardest part about this skirt was the hem. This was the first  project I had ever done using a hem and I ended up having to take out my original  attempt and with the help of Karen the second attempt was successful.

5 comments:

  1. anna! that's what you had on today at church, yes? i loved it! so cute! you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty colors...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! That is adorable! Great job! I used to sew in high school and I've forgotten all of it. You make me want to get back into it. I think the best part of sewing is, that you get clothes that fit YOU perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Brandi its what i wore to church today!

    Nikki it was so easy! You should get back into it and even bring a sewing machine when you go to the Philippines. I bet you would make the best clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a wonderful job! It turned out BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete